Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The battle is on

O God the LORD, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle.


~ Psalm 140:7

I feel like we are in a battle.  A battle with mental illness.  Today we are winning, who knows what the weeks ahead will bring.   Today we have a quiet, easy going day. 

For some reason I cannot get my mind to rest.  For several days now I stay in a mind of upset.  I don't know if it's the fear of not knowing what the future holds or just plain fear of what could happen today.  

This turmoil in my mind has made it hard to memorize scripture.  I meditate all day on one line scriptures and it doesn't seem to stick.  I was successful with "Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain."  Psalm 127:1   The fact that this scripture stuck to my brain must mean that I can use it in my life.  I've thought of our physical house and the Lord in the midst of our conversations and actions and if he doesn't then it is all in vain.   

Lord help me.  Help Jacob.  Please let us conquer the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment