Friday, March 15, 2013

Lost

As I read through the posts that I labeled "Schizophrenia" I realized that despite medication we have had similar problems for 2 years now.  I feel like we have lost our son to the disease.  We had a good councilor session Thursday and will go back Monday.  It is believed that the best we can do for our son is to keep him calm.  We should not try to rationalize with him-he departs from reality and trying to get him to understand reason only frustrates him.  We were told to not upset him.  Let him ramble incoherently.  Only insist on him not breaking rules that break the law.  Thankfully he eagerly listens when he's not agitated, does chores and wants to be part of the family.

Lost refers to us in so many ways.  We don't have a good plan if things were to get out of hand.  This week I had an incident where he opened the car door several times while driving down the road.  At about 30 miles an hour he was dragging his feet so I stopped and he walked home.  Another incident he yelled and screamed to the point that Paul wanted him hospitalized.  The only way hospitalization is going to help is to keep him from harming himself or if they could find the right medication.  I have no hope that any hospital we have tried will help us.  We're lost.

The only stability we have is through God.  Jeremiah 29:13 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment