Thursday, February 21, 2013

Satan behind me

What a horrible Wednesday!  I can't express what it feels like to go a series of days with things going smoothly then have your son brought to you by the police.  I wish we could live out on a farm where we had more freedom and not be surrounded by the police, watchful neighbors, etc...  I don't like the "system" being involved in our lives.

I could say so much more about specific frustrations but suffice it to say-that was yesterday.  Today is today.  I have to let go of my 17 year old and watch him make mistakes and take the consequences.  It is very hard.

I've found ways through this journey to bring my spirits up and thought I'd share:

  1. Listen to music.
  2. Take a walk.
  3. Appreciate the little things.
  4. Be kind to others.
  5. Talk to a 6 year old.
  6. Talk to an 80 year old.
  7. Eat a 1/2 pint of blueberries.
  8. Write.
  9. Create something with your hands.
  10. Clean the house.
  11. Write a letter or send a card.
  12. Dance.
  13. Hug someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment