Monday, January 21, 2013

Hope

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full... Be grateful you have a glass and there's something in it.



It's been a trying few days.  Jacob ran from the hospital and now is on restriction so I didn't get to see him today. I dropped off an MP 3 player for him and wasn't even able to give him a hug and tell him that I love him.  The time he had when he ran from the hospital he loved.  It is a frustrating situation to have a loved one sad about where they are and there is nothing you can do about it. He's gotten into the habit of running when he gets anxious.  I pointed that out to him and he acknowledged that it was true.  Maybe that can spur a change.  We had 2 emotional phone calls Sunday night.  Today on the phone he sounded better-more hopeful.   I think they can help if Jacob will stick it out.  Only time will tell.

Thankful Journal Page 3
Day 11-I'm thankful sitting at a trail head quietly watching deer, squirrels and butterflies.
I'm thankful for time with my mom.

Day 12-I'm thankful for church-the people that show their care and concern in words and actions.
I'm thankful for the nap I had today.

Day 13-I'm thankful for the ride to San Marcos with Chelsea.  She kept my mind occupied and not over focused on things I cannot control.

Day 14-I'm thankful to meet Viviana's dad.

Day 15-I'm thankful I was able to calm Mick down from a tantrum. 

Day 16-I'm thankful for text messaging because sometimes I just don't want to talk.

Day 17-I'm thankful for the rain.

Day 18-I'm thankful for visiting new great neice, Brooklynn.

Day 19-I'm thankful for a wonderful, uneventful, calm visit with Jacob.


No comments:

Post a Comment