Saturday, September 28, 2019

Depression and TMS

I haven’t written much about my depression but thought it might be helpful to write some things out. I’ve had 7 sessions of TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. I’ve had a very rough time. I’m finding the treatments painful. On top of that I’ve had terrible depression. On a scale of 1 to 10, I’d be a 10.

I have Tardive Dyskinesia, a condition that causes me to have involuntary movements in my hands, feet, toes, mouth, and ankles. I was prescribed Austedo to help with the condition and it made my depression worse. I wasn’t sure if it was the TMS, or the zoloft causing the depression. Now I’m thinking it was the Austedo.

My mood is very low. I’m not finding joy but I also have many physical symptoms (which could be the zoloft). I have headaches, nausea, and general aches and pains. My hope is that I will feel better once the Austedo is out of my system.

I will have 36 treatments of TMS for my depression. I will update on how the TMS is going.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!! Thanks for sharing the post. Mental health disorder like Schizoaffective disorder is really so horrible mental health disorder as it deeply impacts upon the behavior of the of person. I know this because I gonna through this horrible state of mind. To overcome the
    Schizoaffective disorder I searched for the best Counsellor In
    Fulham
    . Finally, I get rid of it. Hey! you have shared really a great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matthew. I'm glad you found help!
      Angie

      Delete