Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Excellent Communicator

Jesus, the excellent communicator, as I continue with trying to not complain, I find so many biblical principals. I do agree with so many that we need to be able to talk to others about problems, its just so easy to tell EVERYONE, (most of whom do not need to know the complaints), and it fills their day with negativity.



Here is what I have found:

Prov. 11:1-The mouth destroys your neighbor

Prov. 18:21-The tongue has the power to hurt others

Prov. 15:4-The healing tongue brings life

Eph. 4:29-Encouraging words build up

Psalm 118:24-This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Romans 13:10-Love does no harm to its neighbor.

Deut. 12:18-Rejoice before the LORD your God in everything you put your hand to.

Phillipians 4:11-Be happy whatever the circumstances

1 Thessalonians 5:18-In everything give thanks.

Proverbs 16:24-Pleasant words are a honeycomb.



And finally the Beatitudes: Galatians 5:22 of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfullness, gentleness, and self control.



This tells us our words are important. I have still barely read the Complaint Free World, but it is on my list of things to do. I have been working on the campaign for 3 weeks. Some days are better than others, but I recommend the change of attitude and watching our speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment