Friday, June 26, 2009

How should we be remembered?

Okay, two posts in one day means that I need to walk away from the computer but I have thought more about my earlier post and didn't want to erase or add to it just start a different line of thought about the same subject.

I'm thinking of when my grandfather died, my mother-in-law, and my good friend Alice. We want to remember the best of them. My grandfather did some activities that can be called unethical. My mother-in-law hurt us badly. I spent an hour a day of every school day with Alice. I looked forward to seeing her and enjoyed bouncing ideas off of her, but after 2 weeks of all the good words about her, I started thinking...Alice wasn't perfect.

We all want to be remembered for our greater good. Yes, Michael Jackson should be remembered for his musical talent. Oh, that was hard to type.

1 comment:

  1. Now its 3 weeks later and I am around 4th and 5th graders who are idolizing Michael Jackson. Making memorials at the school to him. I did tell someone who said that he was godly that I didn't believe this was true but have otherwise decided their parents should handle how much attention is given to this man. I cannot support Michael Jackson...at all.

    ReplyDelete